- Students will be able to add and subtract whole numbers and decimals up to the billions and down to the thousandths place values.
- Students will be able to round numbers using a variety of strategies (place value, whole number, compatible numbers).
- estimate: a number close (not exact) to an amount or value, a good guess using what you know
- rounding:change an exact number to an easy to use number that is very close to the exact number 656 to hundreds = 700
- compatible numbers: pairs of numbers you can easily work with in your head
Interactive Math Games:
- (2-1) Scooter Quest – Rounding Decimals
- (2-1) Soccer Rounding Decimals
- (2-1) Who Wants to be a Rounding Millionaire?
- (2-1) Rounding Flash Cards
- (2-2) Compatible Numbers Quiz – Mental Math
- Number Line Estimation
- Add and Subtract Decimals
- Study Jams Add and Subtract
- A page full of games, games, games
- Decimals Jeopardy
- Gray’s Math Class Youtube Tutorial for Adding & Subtracting Decimals
- What are Compatible Numbers?
- Estimating Quantities
- Adding and Subtracting Decimals Tutorial